At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in
insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a market leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for a positive, creative, strategic and team driven individual to join our IT department as a IT Manager. The successful candidate for this role will be working in partnership with other departments to ensure the effective and efficient running of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered
- Forecast, plan and manage local IT budget
- Ensure local server and network technology is fully maintained and in line with agreed strategy & policies
- Establish service governance in addition to regularly scheduled service reviews with corporate and local service providers. Report monthly on IT service delivery to the local SMT
- Build a strong influential relationship with the colleagues in our Head Office to ensure effective delivery of corporate IT services
- Manage, coach, and support staff, to help maximise their potential. Establish development & skills plans to continually improve performance & lead the team to achieve the stated goals
- Provide leadership to the team by demonstrating good technical knowledge and management capabilities, as well as by maintaining a positive, engaging & approachable attitude at all times
- Work closely with the Project Management Office and/or local Project Management personnel to manage the overall project schedule, prioritization and dependencies of the IT function & architecture
- Be part of the annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting process
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with direct reports and formal performance appraisals to review performance objectives, formulating any required individual training & development plans
- Provide general assistance in the day-to-day IT usage
- On-call support at agreed times may be required
- Ensure compliance with MAPFRE policies, statutory and regulatory requirements and governance controls
- Strictly adhere to all relevant Irish and European regulations and compliance requirements
- Ensure you conduct your role in accordance with the Anti-Corruption and Fraud Policies (to act honestly and with integrity) and to report any suspected incidents of fraud and corruption accordingly
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be allocated by your Manager/Management Team
Working hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience (min. 5 years) in IT & Service Management/Delivery, within a similar position
- Understanding of Azure & transition from on-site to cloud based infrastructure
- Experience with virtualization tools, including VMware preferred
- Good knowledge of daily usage & support of Sharepoint preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of LAN/WAN, VLAN & WIFI required
- Highly influential department manager with ability to use initiative and innovate for continuous
- People Management experience required
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent communicator and keen relationship builder with all types of stakeholders
- Experience of ITIL environment with excellent knowledge of incident, problem and change management
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus
- Hybrid working
- Service days
- Investment in career development
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance for employee
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.