At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in
insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
We’re looking for a committed and enthusiastic Compliance and Data protection Specialist who thrives in a fastpaced, customer-focused environment. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this person will work to ensure that MAPFRE Assistance operates in line with the expectations of the Central Bank of Ireland. The successful applicant will maintain stakeholder relationships across the business, provide high quality advice and challenge and support the Head of Compliance with achieving the Functions’ objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to ensure we achieve the best possible customer and compliance
- Assist the Head of Compliance with the implementation and embedding of the Compliance and Risk Management Frameworks
- Educate and train our employees to ensure that they have awareness of the importance of their role in ensuring that we operate compliantly
- Support, escalate and help to oversee the investigation and resolution of regulatory and data protection breaches
- Support the Head of Compliance in designing and tracking to completion the Compliance Plan and the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Help provide direction to key stakeholders with regards to regulatory change, ensuring awareness and compliance with our regulatory requirements
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships across the wider business
- Provide compliance expertise and input on key projects
- Review and approve marketing and product materials
- Carry out relevant tasks in respect of compliance with key pieces of legislation including the GDPR, the Insurance Distribution Directive, Consumer Protection Code 2012, and the Minimum Competency Code
Full-time: 35 hours per week, core days are Mon – Fri, flexibility is expected when the need arises.
What we’re looking for:
- The successful candidate must have achieved or be willing to work towards the ACOI Professional Diploma in
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role, or in a mid-level/senior position in a Financial Services
- APA or CIP qualified a distinct advantage
- An expert understanding of all Central Bank regulations, GDPR, IDD and other applicable legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of seniority, both internal & external
What we offer you:
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Free motor rescue and European travel insurance
- Health insurance discount
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.