Contact Centre Manager
At MAWDY we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, team driven individual to join our Operations department as Contact Centre Manager. As a team, and individually, we are expected to meet targets set by the Company to ensure we are providing our clients and customers with a first-class service. This role will be responsible managing a growing team of team leads and agents, supporting a 24/7 contact centre who provide emergency assistance to motor breakdown and home emergency requests. This role reports into the Head of Operations.
Working hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. Flexibility is required from time to time to support the 24/7/365 operations.
What you’ll do:
The Contact Centre Manager will be a member of the Business Management Team and have overall responsibility for the management of the Contact Centre and co-ordination of all inbound and outbound services in a 24/7/365 customer-centric environment, including:
- Roadside and Home Emergency Assistance
- Sales and Customer Service (Travel Insurance, other as req.)
- First Notification of Loss (Travel Insurance, OOH Client Services, other)
- Medical Screening Service (Outsourced)
- Ancillary services
Strategy & Planning
- Develop strategies and initiatives for motivating and engaging the contact centre teams to provide a best-inclass service to our customers.
- Work with other members of the Business Management Team to:
- forecast volume and customer demand for the coming budget and seasonal period(s).
- support business transformation, through deployment of group tools and technologies and development of local solutions.
- continuously develop and enhance best practice and standard operating procedures in the contact centre.
- make recommendations to the business on required changes, initiatives, and innovations to deliver performance improvements and the best possible consumer outcomes.
- assist with development of new business opportunities.
- actively contribute to the management of key client relationships.
- Deliver on individual goals and objectives linked to the department and company strategy
- Assume responsibility for the operational effectiveness of the Contact Centre Team(s) and attainment of key Service Delivery Metrics including:
– Customer Experience (NPS, Customer Satisfaction & Complaints)
– Telephony Service Levels
– Regulatory Compliance
– Call Handling and Files Record Quality
- Provide the Head of Operations, General Manager and the Executive Committee with regular reports and analytics on the performance of the contact centre, identifying and highlighting consumer and regulatory risks and key areas for improvement.
- Oversee and ensure that the unit spending stays under budget and funds are allocated appropriately.
- Implement effective controls and engagement programs to guarantee excellence in performance against key metrics.
- Provide operational leadership and direction to the Team Management group on regular tasks and responsibilities.
- Lead the process of contact centre resource and shift planning, continuously refining and fine-tuning to ensure we consistently meet fluctuations in demand.
- In partnership with HR, take responsibility for recruitment, onboarding, and induction training of new members of the contact centre team.
- Ensure all complaints are handled fairly, efficiently and in line with regulatory requirements and take full ownership of the resolution of escalated, complex, or contentious issues or complaints.
- Carefully analyse complaints, errors, and team performance to identify trends or address shortfalls in service delivery and take corrective action.
- Lead the implementation of governance and oversight processes within the contact centre Any other duties as required and instructed by the business.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will be a charismatic and forward-thinking people leader, with a passion for achieving the
best results for our customers, and the ability to inspire others to embrace change and challenge the status quo.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a contact centre, 3 of which must be in a management role, preferably in the Insurance/ Financial Services Industry.
- Experience in using cloud-based phone systems and reporting to measure and manage contact centre activity in onsite and remote environments.
- Demonstrated record of leading teams to consistently exceed targets in contact centre and customer service metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of insurance regulation.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; in particular MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Analysis and reporting capability; experience in summarising operational performance and reporting to management / executive committees.
- Public speaking experience is advantageous.
- APA (Personal General Insurance) qualification is a minimum requirement of this role, we will provide training if required but the right candidate must be willing to take these within the first 2 years in the role.
Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness ad Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank of Ireland. This requires the company to complete due diligence to assess the appointee’s fitness and probity.
What we offer you:
- Service days
- Hybrid working option.
- Performance bonus
- APA / CIP training
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme.
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 27 countries.
Please note the business reserves the right to review & amend this role to incorporate the future needs of the role, department & Company, if necessary
About the Company
MAWDY is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.