Claims Team Manager
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, team driven individual to join our Travel Claims department as Claims Team Manager. The Claims Team Manager will have day to day responsibility for the management of the travel claims and medical emergency assistance functions, providing technical supervision to all individuals undertaking travel claims handling activities in the Irish unit and supervision of activity and approval of consumer outcomes for medical emergency assistance cases handled by external TPA’s. This role reports into the Claims Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Take a lead role in the development of initiatives for motivating and engaging the travel claims and assistance
teams to provide a best-in-class service to our customers
- Work with the Claims Manager, Claims Team Leaders and Head of Operations to:
o continuously develop and enhance best practice and standard operating procedures in the claims dept.
o make recommendations to the business on required changes, initiatives and innovations to deliver performance improvements and the best possible consumer outcomes
o support process improvement and development of more efficient ways of working, reducing claim lifecycles, and improving the overall customer journey
- Deliver on individual goals and objectives linked to the department and company strategyLead and manage the Claims Department, supporting staff to help maximise their potential
- Develop strategies and initiatives for providing a best-in-class service to our customers
- Assume responsibility for the technical and operational effectiveness of the Claims Teams
- Work with other members of management to support business transformation
- Continuously develop and operating procedures in the claims function
- Actively contribute to the management of key client relationships Lead the continuous improvement of our Service Level Agreement
- Assume responsibility for the management of travel claims and assistance handling activities and the attainment of key Service Delivery Metrics including:
o Customer Experience (NPS, Customer Satisfaction & Complaints)
o Fair Consumer Outcomes
o Claims Handling Quality and Productivity
o Regulatory Compliance; in particular, delivery of claims handling services within CPC timeframes and
minimal overall claims lifecycle
- Discharge the MAPFRE claims philosophy through claims handling practices and controls
- Identify training needs and work with the Training Specialist to develop and/or update claims training programs and material
- Closely manage and escalate where required all High Cost or Complex MEA cases notified by our external TPA
- Provide the Claims Manager and Head of Operations with regular reports and analytics on the performance in
the claims dept, identifying and highlighting consumer and regulatory risks and key areas for improvement
- Manage claims handling license approval for new entrants and progression for existing claims handlers
- Work with the Complaints specialist(s) and Compliance team to ensure all complaints are handled fairly, efficiently and in line with regulatory requirements and take ownership of the resolution of escalated, complex
or contentious issues or complaints
- Carefully analyse complaints, errors and team(s) performance to identify trends or address shortfalls in service
delivery and work with the relevant people managers and trainers to take corrective action
- Support the Claims Manager in leading the implementation of governance and oversight processes within the
Any other duties as required and instructed by the business
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Team Leader or Team Management role in an insurance claims dept.
- Demonstrated record of leading teams to consistently exceed targets in quality and productivity claims handling metrics
- Strong working knowledge of insurance regulation
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; in particular MS Excel, Word and Visio
- Analysis and reporting capability; experience in summarizing claims and operational performance and
reporting to management
- CIP qualification (or equivalent) is a minimum requirement of this role
- Other relevant insurance, compliance, project management or process improvement qualifications a distinct
What we offer you:
- Variable bonus
- Hybrid working
- Service days
- Time and attendance quarterly rewards
- Further investment in education and related qualifications
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance discount
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
Please note the business reserves the right to review & amend this role to incorporate the future needs of the role, department & Company, if necessary.
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.