Head of Finance
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, team driven individual to join our Finance department as Head of Finance, reporting to the General Manager.
Working hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm; flexibility may be needed around month end closing.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver statutory financial documents / regulatory returns, including but not limited to IFRS / Solvency II and
the Central Bank of Ireland;
- Ensure compliance with all Group and Business Unit controls and standards;
- Ensure all applicable compliance, regulatory and audit policies and guidelines are adhered to;
- Deliver high quality financial and management reporting, and provide insightful commercially-focused
commentary on business unit financial performance;
- Proactively drive efficiencies and automation and lead key finance projects and initiatives;
- Motivate and supervise staff in the Finance Department, reward for performance and address any performance concerns;
- Provision of financial advice and input to the business decision-making process;
- To ensure that month end and other reporting is carried out to agreed deadlines, in an accurate, organised
and controlled manner, in compliance with corporate and statutory requirements;
- Ensure all accounting systems are maintained and developed to ensure the reliability of the information
gathered there from, and their operational efficiency;
- Oversee payroll and review final submission;
- Prepare reports and analyse as required, in a timely and accurate fashion as directed by senior management;
- Preparation of year end Corporation Tax return, audits and other external reporting requests;
- Provide analysis on overheads and aim to reduce costs where possible;
- Review annually the agreements in place with the business, where cost efficiencies may be maximised.
Any other duties as required and instructed by the business
What we’re looking for:
- A qualified accountant with 5+ years’ relevant post qualification experience & a solid understanding of the
financial services environment.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative and plan, co-ordinate and deliver results
whilst managing contending priorities to tight reporting timeframes;
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high quality financial information within tight timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently
within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way;
- Solid understanding of MS software, particularly MS excel;
- Solid understanding of SAP;
- A desire to support, change & improve processes;
- Experience in the financial services sector / insurance environment.
What we offer you:
- Service days
- Variable bonus
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
Please note the business reserves the right to review & amend this role to incorporate the future needs of the role, department & Company, if necessary.
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.