Senior Claims Handler
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in
insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a market leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, team driven individual to join our claims department as Senior Claims Handler. As a team, and individually, we are expected to meet targets set by the Company to ensure we are providing our clients and customers with a first class service. The successful candidate for this role will be working on their own initiative, have some autonomy in their role, be involved with liaising with claimants in person; by either phone or written communication.
What you’ll do:
- Provide targeted, effective training and re-training interventions to team members as appropriate
- Suggest ideas for improving employee engagement, and implement employee engagement strategies as part
of the supervisory team
- Support the Team Leader with Consumer Protection Code (CPC) audits
- Assist with team file audits
- Monitor Complaint & Error Log ensuring records are up to date and analysis logs for any recurrent issues
- Assist with underwriting queries, appeals, settlement disputes and pre-assessment of claims
- Identify service and process enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency
- Handle complaints in accordance with Company protocol and the Consumer Protection Code
- Participate in the recruitment and induction processes for all new hires
- Ensure adherence to and implementation of all relevant regulatory obligations across the team, such as but
not limited to, GDPR and the MCC
- This list is not exhaustive and some duties may fall outside this scope
35 hours a week, core business days are Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm with a 1 hour unpaid rest period for lunch. These hours may change if required in order to meet business requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Successful candidate must have APA qualification
- Minimum of 1 years’ claims handling experience
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Resilience and empathy to communicate difficult decisions to customers
- Ability to use their own initiative and make good decision when under pressure in the best interests of both the customer and business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales
- Good numerical skills and literacy skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Technical knowledge of typical travel insurance products a distinct advantage
- A good knowledge and understanding of the insurance market, the basic insurance principles and regulations,
APA or CIP qualification a distinct advantage. However, if you are not APA / CIP qualified this role may still be for you. As MAPFRE is regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland, our employees are required to meet minimum competency requirements. We are with you every step of the way and will support and cover the cost of you becoming qualified to empower you in your role as claims handler and to deliver to our customers a positive experience.
What we offer:
- Service days
- Time and attendance quarterly rewards
- APA / CIP training
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance discount
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.