IT Support Technician
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a market leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for a positive, curious, team driven individual to join our IT department as an IT Support Technician. The successful candidate for this role will be working in partnership with other departments to ensure the effective and efficient running of the business.
Working hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm; on call is a requirement of the role, this is shared on a rotation basis amongst other team members.
What you’ll do:
- Offer on-site assistance with minor computer issues
- Set up hardware and software in the office space and to remote users
- Provide general assistance in the day-to-day IT usage
- Provide first-line support to colleagues
- Ensure compliance with MAPFRE policies, statutory and regulatory requirements and governance controls
- Strictly adhere to all relevant Irish and European regulations and compliance requirements
- Ensure you conduct your role in accordance with the Anti-Corruption and Fraud Policies (to act honestly and
with integrity) and to report any suspected incidents of fraud and corruption accordingly
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be allocated by your Manager/
Any other duties as required and instructed by the business
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with basic administration of Window 10 required
- Knowledge of Microsoft supported browsers (EDGE and IE)
- Basic network knowledge (LAN, WAN, Switches and Hubs) would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- General hardware knowledge and the ability to analyse and diagnose problems, and to some degree solve
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (O365, and Office 2016)
- Basic knowledge of connectivity (Remote access, VPN)
- Knowledge of other Microsoft products, including Windows Server and SQL Server, Virtualisation tools, and
IAAS would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- Experience with installing pre-defined images on computers
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and priorities within an IT environment
- Basic knowledge of IT security
What we offer you:
- Service days
- APA / CIP training
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance discount
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
Please note the business reserves the right to review & amend this role to incorporate the future needs of the role, department & Company, if necessary.
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.