Operations Team Leader
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit is one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
We’re looking for a committed and enthusiastic Team Leader who thrives in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment. Reporting to the Team Manager, you will provide leadership and supervision within the Operations team, ensuring your team meets and exceeds service delivery targets with first class support to customers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support to the Team Manager in the day to day management of the Operations function
- Improve customer response times by supporting and energising staff, instilling a sense of enthusiasm in the team
- Meet and exceed expected targets
- Provide cross-functional support as requested
- Assist with team file audits & quality checks
- Assist with escalation queries & act as a mentor for all team members and apprentices
- Manage all team processes efficiently and effectively, including regular review, control checks & recommendations for improvement
- Liaise with the Trainer to provide effective training and re-training interventions as appropriate
- Where appropriate, maintain full compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Maintain performance against SLAs and produce weekly & monthly management information reports as directed
- Conduct full case management for outpatient cases
- Assist with DSAR & Erasure requests as needed
- Take responsibility for employee engagement & implement employee engagement strategies
- Communicate appropriately and effectively in order to ensure transparency in objectives & expectations
- Address any issues (e.g. shift adherence, quality, compliance, productivity, behaviour) that may arise on the team
- Secure commitment from team members to carry out the necessary overtime during peak seasons & ‘buy-in’ for increased productivity levels
- Participate / take the lead as required in one-to-one meetings with staff, including performance reviews, probationary reviews, Return to Work interviews, absence, timekeeping review discussions, disciplinary meetings & Performance Improvement Plan reviews
- Participate in the recruitment & induction processes for all new hires
- Organise, prioritise & distribute tasks among team members & administrators providing support to the team
- Handle complaints, both informal & formal, in accordance with company protocol & the Consumer Protection Code
This list is not exhaustive, other duties may be required and asked of the individual as necessary.
Full-time: 35 hours per week, core days are Mon – Fri.
Some teams operate on a 24/7 basis, with certain Team leader roles operating in shift pattern range between 7am – 11pm, Mon – Sun.
What we’re looking for:
- APA or CIP qualification a distinct advantage. At minimum the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake and pass the APA exams upon appointment
- Previous experience in a Team Leader or a supervisory role is a distinct advantage
- Critical thinking
- Team motivator
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Quarterly time and attendance bonus
- Commuter benefits (Travel pass, bike to work scheme)
- VHI Healthcare discount
- Service days
- Sickness benefits
- City-centre location
- Sports & Social Club
- Time and attendance quarterly rewards
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.