At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in
insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
We’re looking for a committed and enthusiastic Product & Pricing Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, everchanging, customer-focused environment. The successful applicant will interact with & support underwriting, commercial and financial functions in the management of product & pricing. This position will also have responsibility for the people management within the technical function.
What you’ll do:
- Develop pricing models for new business & renewals that consider all costs including risk, expenses,
commissions, and commercial premiums
- Analyse data & undertake to quantify risk and support business decision making
- Review scheme performance including renewals, suggesting price adjustments to ensure profitability &
- Oversee and support analytical projections based on pricing best practice to predict how insurer price changes
will impact the business performance in future months
- Interact with external customers & clients on all pricing & product related matters
- Identify, explore & research markets to propose new products or existing product development, and assessing
- Fully understand our own product range, e.g. policy wording, claims process, etc. as well as those of our business partners & understand our competitors products & offerings
- Manage and take ownership of our product reviews, ensuring they are continuously fit for purpose, meeting
evolving needs of our clients & customers
- Ensure that processes & standards are consistent with internal policies & guidance &, where relevant, compliant with regulations; taking lead with the implementation of systems & process improvements in the technical area
- Establishing most effective risk acceptance criteria & working with the business to implement and control
- Be part of the annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting process
- People manage; 1:1’s, RTWs, annual performance appraisals, absence & performance management, develop &
enhance the skills of the team
- Ensure compliance with MAPFRE policies, statutory & regulatory requirements & governance controls
- To ensure that you conduct your role in accordance with the Anti-Corruption & Fraud Policy (to act honestly &
with integrity) & to report any suspected incidents of fraud & corruption
- Engage with MAPFRE HQ technical function on a regular basis as their main point of contact
- Be an active member of the Governance & Oversight Committee(s)
Full-time: 35 hours per week, core days are Mon – Fri, flexibility is expected when the need arises.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in general insurance product offerings, within a similar position
- Experience using integrated pricing & customer analytic software
- People Management experience
- Previous experience in a similar role within travel, and/or warranty Insurance products would be advantageous
- Specific knowledge of Non-life product pricing
- Knowledge in the calculation of sufficiency of technical provisions
- Strong experience in market research and analysis.
- APA or CIP qualified a distinct advantage
- Ability to lead, motivate and coordinate our new technical team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of seniority, both internal & external
What we offer you:
- Remote working
- Competitive Salary
- Performance bonus
- Free motor rescue and European travel insurance
- Health insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 30 countries
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.